Lionism began in 1917 when a young Chicago insurance agent named Melvin Jones created the idea of a club without regard to politics, religion, race, or the personal interest of club members. The International Association of Lions Clubs grew into the largest service club organization in the world. There are over 45,000 clubs in 206 countries and membership exceeds 1.3 million.
Our slogan, WE SERVE, is carried out by the many local clubs and the Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF) which helps millions of people throughout the world each year.
Our Saratoga Springs club was formed in 1925 with 28 Charter Members. In more recent years, we have become one of the largest and most productive clubs with over 100 members from all walks of life in the community. Our Club sponsored neighboring Ballston Spa Lions Club in 1949. We also began sponsoring a Leo Club in 1999 to help
Saratoga High School students learn about and participate in service projects.
We are most dedicated to the community needs regarding SIGHT, HEARING, DIABETES, YOUTH AND COMMUNITY!